Skip to main content

Stars academy E4 test |English test | Mdcat UHS nums


|| |||
||||

E4 - Test


Time: 20 Minutes
Choose the correct word / words:
Q:1 Judging someone merely on the basis of ______ can bring disasters as such things heard from someone else can’t always be true.
A) Intentions
B) Hideousness
C) Hearsay
D) Havoc
Q:2 Her ______ twist saving her from a chaos was quite contrary to her usual carless actions.
A) Haphazard
B) Gingerly
C) Flawless
D) Hideous
Q:3 Realizing that his son was now like a ______, untamed and wild, he cast a tired glance at him and stopped speaking.
A) Haggard
B) Glare
C) Groggy
D) Fatal
Choose the word with error:
Q:4 Mrs. Wicket came in with his cup of tea she did not know whether he had been laughing or crying. And neither does Chips himself.
A) came
B) know
C) crying
D) does
Q:5 Also, be it said, the parent whom I have offended usually comes around after a term of year and told me that his son was right and that he is thankful to me.
A) be
B) offended
C) comes
D) told
Q:6 In 1900, old Meldrum, who had succeeded Wetherby as Head and had held office for three decades, had died suddenly from pneumonia; and in the interval before the appointment of a successor, Chips became acting head of Brookfield.
A) had succeeded
B) had held
C) had died
D) became
In each of the following questions, four alternative sentences are given Choose the CORRECT one
Q:7
A) The neighbor country will planning to land on the moon; I hope my own country will be doing the same soon.
B) The neighbor country is planning to land on the moon; I hope my own country will be doing the same soon.
C) The neighbor country is planning to land on the moon; I hope my own country is doing the same soon.
D) The neighbor country is planning to land on the moon; I hope my own country will have been doing the same soon.
Q:8
A) Sir Alexander Fleming had died in 1955 at the age of seventy-three. His work will never die.
B) Sir Alexander Fleming died in 1955 at the age of seventy-three. His work will never died.
C) Sir Alexander Fleming had been died in 1955 at the age of seventy-three. His work will never die.
D) Sir Alexander Fleming died in 1955 at the age of seventy-three. His work will never die.
Q:9
A) The artifacts found in some dead cities tell that their dwellers, too, were knowing the deity that ran the universe.
B) The artifacts found in some dead cities tell that their dwellers, too, knew the deity that ran the universe.
C) The artifacts had found in some dead cities tell that their dwellers, too, knew the deity that runs the universe.
D) The artifacts found in some dead cities tell that their dwellers, too, knew the deity that runs the universe.
Q:10
A) For quite some time, I have been painting a picture and I shall have finish it by the evening.
B) For quite some time, I am painting a picture and I shall have finished it by the evening
C) For quite some time, I have been painting a picture and I shall have finished it by the evening.
D) For quite some time, I will have been painting a picture and I shall finish it by the evening.
Q:11
A) Famine was a problem since the beginning of time.
B) Famine has been a problem since the beginning of time.
C) Famine is a problem since the beginning of time.
D) Famine have been a problem since the beginning of time.
Q:12
A) While I was driving the car, I saw a few people who have been quarrelling for, I don’t know, how long.
B) While I was driving the car, I saw a few people who had been quarrelling since, I don’t know, how long.
C) While I drove the car, I saw a few people who had been quarrelling for, I don’t know, how long.
D) While I was driving the car, I saw a few people who had been quarrelling for, I don’t know, how long.
Q:13
A) After Arthur returned to his book, Norma went back to the kitchen and finished washing the dishes.
B) After Arthur returned to his book, Norma had gone back to the kitchen and finished washing the dishes.
C) After Arthur had returned to his book, Norma went back to the kitchen and finished washing the dishes.
D) After Arthur had returned to his book, Norma went back to the kitchen and finish washing the dishes.
Q:14
A) After the meal concluded, the Chief of the police appeared on the scene.
B) After the meal has concluded, the Chief of the police appeared on the scene.
C) After the meal had concluded, the Chief of the police had appeared on the scene.
D) After the meal had concluded, the Chief of the police appeared on the scene.
Q:15
A) Chips was not in the running with that kind of person; he never had been and never would be, and he knows it.
B) Chips is not in the running with that kind of person; he never had been and never would be, and he knew it.
C) Chips was not in the running with that kind of person; he never had been and never would be, and he knew it.
D) Chips was not in the running with that kind of person; he never had been and never be, and he knew it.
Q:16
A) As you arrive the airport, you will see that a whole crowd of relatives will have been waiting for you for long.
B) As you arrive the airport, you will see that a whole crowd of relatives will be waiting for you for long.
C) As you arrive the airport, you will see that a whole crowd of relatives will have waited for you for long.
D) As you arrive the airport, you will have seen that a whole crowd of relatives will have been waiting for you for long.
Vocabulary
Q:17 Haughty (Choose SYNONYMS)
A) Stop
B) Dart
C) Conceited
D) Die
Q:18 Glisten (Choose SYNONYMS)
A) Shackle
B) Lubricate
C) Dull
D) Sheen
Q:19 Harmony (Choose ANTONYMS)
A) Scuttlebutt
B) Resentment
C) Terrain
D) Accord
Q:20 In Vain (Choose ANTONYMS)
A) Expedient
B) Futile
C) Expedite
D) Expedite
Answer Key ||||
|| |||

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

پرتگال جانے والوں کو ویزا کیسے ملے گا

Alec Baldwin, wife announce reality show “The Baldwins”

Ravichandran Ashwin gets angry at on-field umpire